Thursday, May 2, 2013

When I, Kimberly, woke up this morning at four AM, I figured I would just go right back to sleep. But I guess God had other plans. I turned on my phone and out of the corner of my eye I saw the date, May. And it hit me. In one month I will be leaving for a whole month. 

It has all sort of felt surreal up to this point.
I'm so thankful The Lord has given my mom and I this opportunity.

When I was three years old I watched the movie Annie. I instantly wanted an orphanage but would often tell my mom I would not be like Miss Hannigan.  Who knew almost 18 years later my desire of wanting to work with orphans would be fulfilled. 

I am praying that we will be filled with the Holy spirit while we are there and we will always have servant's hearts. Screaming babies and lack of sleep will get to us but then I'm  sure when we are feeding and rocking those little ones, my heart will melt and when the month of June is over I feel I will be leaving a piece of it there.  I've started praying that we will show our light for Christ to every person we encounter on this trip, even though we might not be able to communicate with words. 

I know Taiwan will be a little bit of a culture shock.  Okay.... Maybe a lot. Totally different food, a different language I won't be able to understand, and a very different life style than what my summer days are used to. We will be out of our comfort zone in many ways and I know the Lord wants us to fill that way.

Friends and family, thank you so much for the support. At the beginning my mom and I prayed that the Lord's will be done and He  supplied our needs.  We have come to tears with the generosity of those who have given. 
We are so humbled and continue to ask for prayer as our journey fasfly approaches. 

 I anticipate the month of June to be so life changing and am really looking forward to it. 

Psalm 100:1-5
"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before Him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God.
It is He who made us, and we are His;
we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise
give thanks to Him and praise His name.
For the Lord is good. His love endures forever;
His faithfulness continues through all generations. "




No comments:

Post a Comment