Friday, June 28, 2013

June 28th

Last Saturday, for our church on the roof, Tim had an awesome talk about being alert. I love taking it all in and  seeing everything around me before I go home to fences and houses and street lights- my cup is full.
It's been a huge blessing to meet 4 of the adopting parents. They are so sweet and are going to be awesome for their children. One mom gave all of us girls a pair of earrings for looking after their child. Every single parent we have met just brings us closer to Christ and the amazement we have for Him and his plans in life.  One of the families took their daughter home yesterday! The other families are here for court dates.
The haircuts have continued. I did about 5 and my mom gave a little boy a Mohawk- at the request of the parents. He looks so cute!
I've grown so attached to the babies, and friendships from the children on the other side of the home and friendships with the other workers. I can't thank Christ enough for allowing this trip in my life. I also thank all of you who have supported and made this happen!
On our day off this week, we went to the market one last time. We had a great time!
We also had the opportunitiy to go to the night market one evening. Which was a great cultural experience.

I've grown so attached to the babies, and friendships from the children at the other side of the home and friendships with the other workers. I can't thank Christ enough for allowing this trip in my life. I also thank all of you who have supported and made this happen!

Prayer list this week-
- continued prayer for the construction of the home.
- the families and the adoptions, praising for more family's papers coming in
- praying for the health of the children
- preparing our hearts for leaving and re-adjusting to life at home.

                                            Beautiful scenery on the way to the market
Rice
                                  We had Vanilla Pasta on Thursday and it was delicious!
                                                         Souvenir and gift shopping!
                                   We are excited to have Asian nights at my house- 
                                            We bought some curry and chopsticks
Dragon fruit at the Orphanage!
                                            My friend and I and the large vegetables!
                                                          Mom hanging out laundry
                                                 A sweet note one of the girls gave me                                     
                                 Praying with a family before they took their child home                                                                
                                                                 The night market                                                                      
                                          No where in the world is there better Mango!


















No comments:

Post a Comment