Saturday, June 15, 2013

There is just something about Sunday mornings here at The Home of God's Love.

For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies.
For the love, which from our birth,
Over and around us lies:
Lord of all, to thee we raise,
This our hymn of grateful praise.

Even though Father's Day is always celebrated on August 8th in Taiwan, this will be the day we celebrate Father's Day in America.

How reflective I am this morning as I woke up to a beautiful sunrise and the lyrics to this song in my heart.  "For the love, which from our birth, over and around us lies."  I sit in an orphanage, which is home to these children who come here without father figures in their lives and yet the men of this small community have been fathers to them for many years.  They teach them the love of our Heavenly Father which has been there since before they were born.

Yesterday there were many people here who came home to visit for the weekend.  It was fun seeing the smiles and hearing the conversations at dinner time.  Granted I couldn't understand anything they were saying, but the sense of belonging was apparent.

I am thankful for the babies who will be going to homes and I pray that the dads will raise their children in the training and instruction of the Lord. (Eph. 6:4).

I also am praying for the single moms who are raising their children.  What a hard road you have and I pray that Psalm 68:5 gives you strength: A father to the fatherless...is God in his dwelling.

May you be a blessing to those you come in contact with.



No comments:

Post a Comment